Stephen Stagg wrote:
I'm no expert, but I thought that Flash WAS inaccessible and therefore when designing a flash-based site, compliance cannot be accomplished in any other way BUT by having a text alternative.

I totally agree with you (though Flash can be made accessible... kinda). But if I could play devil's advocate a minute, it CAN be made accessible by not using Flash. If the law says that the text-only version can only be provided, "when compliance cannot be accomplished in any other way", some could certainly argue that compliance could be accomplished by simply ditching the Flash and going with HTML to begin with. This certainly isn't the approach I would take, but other 'elitists' are.

Jared