On Dec 16, 2005, at 4:30 PM, Christian Montoya wrote:

My thinking is that if I ever had to do one of these sites, I would
not put it in my portfolio.

Oops. My mistake. I accidentally wandered in to the elitist "teachers' lounge". I'll just get back out into the hall where I belong.

Do these table layouts go in your portfolio? Do these clients
recommend you to others as "one of those designers who will still do
those 1998 designs we like so much?"

Well. A good design is a good design. Whether or not there is a table involved should have nothing to do with. If I have to use a table now, it it _not_ going to be a horrible retro nested mess. It's to achieve something I can't achieve otherwise. All styling done with CSS. _That's_ the difference between a 1998 layout and one I do today.

it isn't so much your reputation on the line but that of
the company

Which could still put you in the unemployment line...

-----
Tom Livingston
Senior Multimedia Artist
Media Logic