Rosemary Probert wrote:
http://www.btcvnp.tsohost.co.uk/test/footpaths3.htm

I want to be able to put a series of images down the page - some left
and some right aligned, and text in the opposite spaces. It would be easy using tables - but I want to be able to use CSS for it. And everything I try seems to end up in a bigger muddle!

Tables might do just fine, but if you don't like them then the same can
be achieved without actual tables.
Maybe this is it: <http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_example_01_02.html>
...or a suitable combination of 'next to floats' and 'containing
floats': <http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_example_01.html>
Several alternative solutions and demo/info pages are linked in.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no