[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Nathan,

why don't you think a definition list is appropriate? Seems spot on, to me...

"Definition lists vary only slightly from other types of lists in that list items consist of two parts: a term and a description...Another application of DL, for example, is for marking up dialogues, with each DT naming a speaker, and each DD containing his or her words."[1]

  <h3>Welcome Frank<h3>
  <dl>
    <dt>Customer Identification Number (CID):</dt>
    <dd>100 223 578</dd>
    <dt>Last accessed</dt>
    <dd>Feb. 12, 2006 at 9:47pm</dd>
  </dl>

There is a clear relationship between the label and the content, so in my opinion this content would suit either a definition list or a table. A table would be overkill here, but still theoretically appropriate because the number for CID would have no independent meaning without the associated label.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ian

PS - Hello all on WSG - this is my first post :). Looks like a great list.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/lists.html#h-10.3

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net