I saw the "Target Sued" story over on Cnet (http://tinyurl.com/b3u29). What was amazing to me was the response from a Mr Troy Gaddis in the talkback section (bottom of above page under the title "This is Absurd". Here's a highlight:

"Why do people with disibilites think they DESERVE compensation for such things. I can definetly understand the actual physical store front for being able to accomodate for wheelchair entrances and such, but, this is america, and seeing as how they are not owned by the government, they should have their website designed any way they like. ANYONE who does web programming or development (I do) knows that complying with these would be difficult, and in some situations, impssible. Especially if navigation menu's are written in _javascript_ or Flash..."

Regards :: PAUL
SkyRocket Design Co