SunUp wrote Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:49:53 +1100:

> My work (government) PC has a 17" mon, 800x600 (because I LIKE this
> res, and I wish I had a dollar for every site I have to horizontal
> scroll on). My department has no budget for "extras" like fancy new
> monitors.
> My home PC "only" has a 15" mon, 800x600. I cope.

> I will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to 1024x768

This is an interesting position. I don't think I've ever before run
across anyone who strongly prefers the jaggies and spindly text that go
with low resolution. Depending on display size, I find anything below
about 1400x1050 marginal for normal use, and anything below about
1280x960 unacceptable for normal use. What is it about low quality that
keeps you attracted?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=resolution
res·o·lu·tion (rz-lshn) n.
3. The fineness of detail that can be distinguished in an image, as on a
video display terminal.
7: (computer science) the number of pixels per square inch on a
computer-generated display; the greater the resolution, the better the
picture
--
"Love your neighbor as yourself."                Mark 12:31 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/auth