Justin Owens wrote:
* the img alt text read 'logo' but the link went to home
Your alt attribute should be modified to correctly represent the
actual image. IMHO, 'logo' is not descriptive enough to be used as
alternative text for a linked image.

In my opinion, it is important for linked images to have alt text that explains the function of the link - the alt text should be more or less the same as the link text ought to be if the link was on text instead of an image. The alt should not be a literal description of the image in this case.

So, the logo should say something like "MSNBC home page" so that it includes functional branding but clearly conveys the destination of the link.

To consider two extreme examples if the MSNBC logo was linked to the home page, alt text of "MSNBC" would be the least helpful, and alt text of "Home" would be the most correct.

I think the best course of action is a compromise incorporating both ideas like that above.

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net