Michael Yeaney wrote:
Are there any recommendations for screen readers to test with???? I'd like to at least 'preview' what our site(s) sound like to such a user.

I don't know what country you're in, but in the UK, "HAL" from Dolphin is very popular. It's very similar to JAWS but a lot, lot cheaper.
http://www.dolphinuk.co.uk/

JAWS and Window-Eyes are the world leaders, though WE is probably the third most-used screen reader in the UK, behind HAL and JAWS.

IBM Home Page Reader is actually the easiest for doing testing in, but it isn't a true screen reader and there are sometimes important differences in the way things are read. Very few people use this in real life compared to the others.

JAWS is by far the most common one - the IE of the screen reader world

HTH

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net