On 04/03/2006, at 1:51 PM, Christian Montoya wrote:
If the concern is that the number 0 would be excused for the letter O
in a block of text, I can see the issue, but I'm certain that English
style manuals say that one digit numbers like 0 in sentences should be
spelled out.

My main bugbear with such issues is things like Captchas.
I appreciate it when the developer takes care to exclude o,0,1,I,l from the possible letters, as I am really bad at guessing which of these an example might be :( In a sentence such as 'you have 0 items in your cart'. one is unlikely to mistake 0 for o.

--
Lea de Groot
Brisbane, Australia