Nancy Johnson wrote:
> I believe best practices are to have all images in
> a directory entitled images

Hi Nancy,

I would not encourage this practice. There are two types of images on Web site
- "site level" images (mostly used in page layout like logos, buttons,
backgrounds, etc.) and "document level" images (images used by a given
document). If you put all images into the "images" folder, it's like putting
things into a black hole; things go it but never come out. The problem is just
by looking at the files in the "images" folder, you have no idea which
documents are referencing them so you are not sure if you can ever delete them.

The best file system way to manage images that I found so far is to create
folders with the ID of the document and then place all "document level" files
like images and attachments (pdf, doc, etc.) into these folders. When you
delete a document, you can then delete the folder associated with this document.

Regards,
-Vlad
http://xstandard.com