Sorry if this has already come up... but have you seen these?

http://www.lenef.com/dotleader/

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/bmerkey/examples/dot-leaders.html

On 3/7/07, Dwain Alford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

i don't think you are missing anything.  imo what you are proposing in
your example is not tabular data at all.  it's content followed by a string
of dots ending in more content.  if you are critized for thinking this is
tabular data, then you should be critized; but, if you are being critized
for wanting to pursue this type of presentation outside of a table, then i
too am critized.

dwain

On 3/6/07, Thierry Koblentz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The tabular data thread reminds me of one I participated in in another
> group.
>
> The original post was:
> <quote>
> I have a page with a list of officers of an organization. It's an
> obvious
> application for a table because that's what tables were designed for.
> But I
> wanted it to look the way it did in the printed version, where there was
> row
> of dots leading from the heading to the person's name. For example (and
> this
> might not look right depending on your browser or viewer):
>
>      President..................................John Smith
>      Vice-president.........................Janet Jones
>
> In other words, the items in the two columns line up horizontally, and
> the
> cell on the left is filled out with dots.
> </quote>
>
> I'm curious to know what members of this group think about this. Should
> this
> be considered tabular data or not?
> Do you consider a table the best tool to mark this up? Or at least as
> good
> as anything else?
>
> I'm curious because I've been so much criticized for my view on this
> that
> I'd like to know if I'm not missing something...
>
> Thanks.
> ---
> Regards,
> Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com <http://www.tjkdesign.com/>