I reckon you are being cynical Barney :-)
Consider colour blindness, 8% of adult males, you can allow a user to select a colour scheme. Consider screen size, alternative stylesheets can improve presentation of different devices. I use seven different linked stylesheets on everypage, hardly anyone uses them, but a few people really want and like them.

The first stylesheet lined is the default one loaded:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../SSheets/GreyLarge.css" media="all" type="text/css" title="Black Blue" />

Other linked stylesheet are "alternative"
<link rel="alternate stylesheet" href="../SSheets/NuncStyle1.css" media="screen" type="text/css"title="Black Gold" />

I allow users to select the stylesheet they prefer with Javascript.
Also in the browser menu there is usually an option to select a stylesheet. It is never presented to the user by the browser, they need to find it unless the rel attribute matches the device then it is automatically selected.
A menu option like "Use Style".

http://www.hereticpress.com/Dogstar/Access/index.html#colourCSSstyle

Tim