From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Nick Fitzsimons
Sent: 24 May 2007 12:11
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Mocking up web interfaces

On 24 May 2007, at 00:22:42, Douglas Reith wrote:

> Hi there,
> Just a quick one - what do people most commonly mock up web site
> designs in? (Photoshop?)
> Also, if possible, Linux and GPL or similar would be great!!
> Cheers,
> Doug

Being "Just a Coder", my usual workflow is:

1. Receive Photoshop files created by client's graphic designer, who
has no knowledge of web technologies, no understanding of usability,
no interest in accessibility, and thinks everything is the same as
print media;

2. Tear my hair out whilst ranting and raving about the ignorance and
incompetence of these people;

3. Decide that I'm not going to be beaten by these b4st4rd5;

4. Rack my brains for days or weeks working out how to achieve the
impossible;

5. Achieve the impossible;

6. Realise that I've learnt or invented a whole load of useful CSS
and HTML techniques;

7. GOTO 1.

Step 2 had to be toned down considerably when I was working in a
studio with the designers, including the owner of the company, but
generally this process has worked well for me for several years :-)

Cheers,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons