Hi Tee,

I wrote something about styling legends a while ago which might help: http://www.tyssendesign.com.au/articles/css/legends-of-style/

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 22:12:59 +1000, Tee G. Peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I am working on a form layout that utilize fieldset and legend and I need to take care of presentation as well as screen reader needs.

The legend tag has a rounded corners background image, Safari and Opera have no issue with positioning and width but I am finding Firefox (all Gecko browsers actually) doesn't recognizing width element (haven't check on IE yet but I figure it's buggy too). Did a google search on Firefox bugs and found this:

http://marc.baffl.co.uk/bugs.php

Here is the screen shot of the result from above mentioned browsers.
http://project.lotusseedsdesign.com/legend.gif

The background image has to stay, I guess my last option will be removing the legend, and use p tag instead, but this is really not desirable because the page has two forms, one for newsletter, the other for personal info submission. Consider I need to take care of screen reader's users, the legend should stay too. Or am I still able to make the form accessible without legend?

I am inclined to sacrifice the presentation needs however it's not my call. Client hasn't see the layout, but I know he wants to keep both.

Thanks!

tee

Tyssen Design
www.tyssendesign.com.au