Hi Kane,

If it’s of help:

/* Guideline 9.4: Do not attempt to create your own tab order. That is a job
for a browser and adaptive technology. */

When and where needed (in web forms for instance), I create a tabindex order
starting with the number 11 and proceed from there. This usually bypasses the
generic built-in browser tab order.

/* Guideline 9.5: Don’t provide your own keyboard shortcuts. That is a job
for a browser or adaptive technology. */

I provide keyboard shortcuts for global navigation situated on each web page.
I cross-browser test to make sure each character I’m using for the Alt + key
shortcut doesn’t interfere with generic browser shortcuts.

Kind regards,

Frank M. Palinkas
Microsoft M.V.P. - Windows Help

W3C HTML Working Group (H.T.M.L.W.G.) - Invited Expert

M.C.P., M.C.T., M.C.S.E., M.C.D.B.A., A+

Senior Technical Communicator

Web Standards & Accessibility Designer
website: http://frank.helpware.net
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member:

Society for Technical Communications (S.T.C.)

Guild of Accessible Web Designers (G.A.W.D.S.)

Web Standards Group (W.S.G.)
Supergroup Trading Ltd.
Sandhurst, Gauteng, South Africa
website: http://www.supergroup.co.za