On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:33:34 +0100, Paul Collins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just got a 1 pixel gap at the left of my image here that is baffling me. It is
> happening in Firefox and Safari on Mac - the only browsers I have tested in
> so far. you
> can see there is space below the image to the right where it sticks out a bit
> too.
>
> http://method.com.au/test.html
>
> I have changed the doctype to HTML 4.0, I have made the image inline,
> position:relative, but nothing I can do seems to work. Any ideas?
>
> The 1 pixel gap does go away when the scrollbar apears on the browser window,
> so when
> there is enough content to go below the fold.

Hi Paul,
Your background image (white) is 710 pixels wide. I think that reducing
this to 709 pixels to match the header image may fix it.

BTW - Opera is putting the inline image - well - inline. It appears
to the right of the text, jutting out to the right of the page.
Putting it in a block element helps. I used a DIV to fix it.

Adding "display: block;" for the image works also.

Cordially,
David