I would also consider Contribute, but only if the site information
architecture is relatively small and unlikely to change.

You can create areas within your perfectly crafted html that the
customer can edit and update with a desktop application. For the most
part, it seems to function well from what I have seen, and is
particularly useful for those small sites that don't require a lot of
smarts, but do require the odd update.

Otherwise, yeah, go with a CMS if the site is larger.
Karl