Could someone please give me the answer to this in plain english..

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 25/07/2007 4:04:18 pm >>>
>     A line of plain text.
>     Another line of text.
>
> Now a question, Is this actually valid??
> I recently recieved some templates of another designer and this was
> scattered all throughout the pages.
>
> I went through and put <p> around them BUT is it valid??? Or is it a
> case of in Transitional DTD its ok but Strict DTD it is not??

Why not to check it? From HTML 4.01 Strict DTD:

Let's see DIV:
<!ELEMENT DIV - - (%flow;)*            -- generic language/style
container -->

Ok, now let's look up what is %flow:

<!ENTITY % flow "%block; | %inline;">

Checking %inline:
<!ENTITY % inline "#PCDATA | %fontstyle; | %phrase; | %special; |
%formctrl;">

Just to make sure - %special:

<!ENTITY % special
   "A | IMG | OBJECT | BR | SCRIPT | MAP | Q | SUB | SUP | SPAN |
BDO">

Woohoo, A is here. Case closed.

********************************************************************************************************************************
The above message has been scanned and meets the Insurance Commission of
Western Australia's Email security policy requirements for outbound
transmission.

This email (facsimile) and any attachments may be confidential and privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email (facsimile) is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email (facsimile) in error please contact
the Insurance Commission.

Web: www.icwa.wa.gov.au
Phone: +61 08 9264 3333