Hi there

On 01/08/07, Stuart Foulstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the Web Standards Group.
>
> Web Standards say only use tables for tabular data - not presentation.

Stuart, I think you're referring to WGAG 1. It does *sort of* say
that, but not quite...

While it's not best practice to use tables for layout, it's not
illegal. if that were the case, I'd have been locked up for a long
time in the late 90's :)

I'm not at all advocating the use of tables for layout, but where it
is absolutely necessary:

5.3 Do not use tables for layout unless the table makes sense when
linearized. Otherwise, if the table does not make sense, provide an
alternative equivalent (which may be a linearized version).

5.4 If a table is used for layout, do not use any structural markup
for the purpose of visual formatting.

[WCAG 1.0 P2]

hope that clears it up a bit...

Lisa