Hi, a project I'd been working, client asks if I can port the layout for handheld devices. Current layout is pixel width with every pixel carefully culculaated in different sections/columns, so there is no way I can simply adapt the style sheet. At this stage, it's simply an inquiry from client whether I am competent to do the stylesheet for handheld devices. I am very keen on getting my hand dirty even it means sacrify a candle light dinner at a romantic soothing restaurant on Sunday night. I have never done layout specifically for handheld devices, think this is a great opportunity, but I don't know how much complication (apart from learning curve) it involves. The articles and books involving with buildibg accessibily websites that I read all these years, some of them touched the handheld devices but no much, and I don't think I remember all I have read.

First and core question: structure wise, is it just a matter to making the layout liquid? I happened to download the Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 trial version last week, and see that it has 'preview in device center' that covers many brand of handhelds, with many different models and display sizes. The layout (3 columns) I mentioned here doesn't break, it displays first column, second column and the third vertically. It appears that layout intergrity doesn't suffer except herhaps differnt margins/paddings needed. Does this means I have the basic covered?

If you have done sites for handheld devices, could you be so kind post it here so that I can take a look and perhaps study your style sheet. Recommendation on building accessible sites for handheld devices also welcome.

Thank you!

tee