On Aug 7, 2007, at 4:01 AM, David Dorward wrote:

This would be the older generation who tend towards having poor eyesight and needing larger font sizes?

I've never seen a designer make body text bigger then the vendor default, only smaller and harder to read.

clearleft dot com comes to mind. I headed for that direction too, but was horrify to see the body text of my site shouting boldly at friends and clients' PC monitors. I think this is the problem we constantly facing here because too many website are with smaller fonts and that people suffer (they probably don't know they can use the zoom in /enlarge fontsize feature) too much, so my friends and some unweb-savvy clients, although have 1280 and higher resolution for their monitors, they all changed it to 1024. I bet they would have changed it to 800 pixel if their monitors allow it.

tee