From: "Tee G. Peng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I am just curious, what you do guys think of the dreamweaver extension like this one and the PVll CSS layout Magic, and the Google Blueprint ? Can they take over the carefully crafted CSS and structural markup you deliver to your clients? There first one even take care of IE browsers.

Both products produce standards-based CSS layouts that work in modern browsers (ours also addresses IE5.0x, too). I can only speak for our product (CSS Layout Magic). It is a rapid deployment (one click) tool that produces a minimally styled, structurally sound layout set up with easy-to-edit faux column images. The idea is that you get a rock-solid structure on which to build and enhance. While Jakob Neilsen might consider it a finished design, we don't :-). You have to have a basic understanding of CSS and markup to use these tools to their full potential, other wise the pages you produce will always look like a rental house with white walls (in this case, a lot of yellow). The faux images approach allows quick customization to easily turn this:
http://www.projectseven.com/products/templates/pagepacks/cssmagic/cssmagic08.htm

into this:
http://www.projectseven.com/products/templates/pagepacks/cssmagic/tweaks/rounded/fixed/

A little texture, some shadow, and voila, in less than an hour one can have a decent home page comp to show a client.

I notice fewer people ask me to do CSS and XHTML templates lately :)

If what you mean above is that you are having web designers hire you to do a page structure, then I can see where products like this might have a small impact, but neither of the products is targeted at end users.

--
Al Sparber - PVII
http://www.projectseven.com