On Aug 27, 2007, at 8:41 PM, Al Sparber wrote:

Both products produce standards-based CSS layouts that work in modern browsers (ours also addresses IE5.0x, too). I can only speak for our product (CSS Layout Magic). It is a rapid deployment (one click) tool that produces a minimally styled, structurally sound layout set up with easy-to-edit faux column images. The idea is that you get a rock-solid structure on which to build and enhance. While Jakob Neilsen might consider it a finished design, we don't :-). You have to have a basic understanding of CSS and markup to use these tools to their full potential, other wise the pages you produce will always look like a rental house with white walls (in this case, a lot of yellow). The faux images approach allows quick customization to easily turn this: http://www.projectseven.com/products/templates/pagepacks/cssmagic/ cssmagic08.htm

Thanks all for your feedback. I guess I asked the question incorrectly and the subject line was to draw eyeballs I am afraid.

Al, I am not afraid you CSS Layout Magic will put me out of job because I saw some of your customers managed to mess up your layout and I actually helped a few to clean up their messes :) Not saying your extension is not good or not as good as the CSS Sculptor, besides, I am in no position to compare because I never use either of them. What prompted me to ask this question is because, I guess, the impression I got is the way it's being advertised- "The ultimate Web standards compliant CSS layout"

I see so many web designers using CSS without a bit of understanding of semantical and structural markup, and the way I see it, the way they do with the div classes is nothing different than the table layout, so I always thought extension like yours provides a good ground however, exactly like you're saying "You have to have a basic understanding of CSS and markup to use these tools to their full potential".

Guess it probably just a marketing gimmick to market an extension as "The ultimate Web standards compliant CSS layout", but I respect Eric Meyer so much (no he doesn't know my existence) that I want to believe "The ultimate Web standards compliant CSS layout" is exactly as it advertised, that it really can help many web designers to use the CSS and markup correctly, semantically and structurally. If so, I may even consider to purchase it myself to help enchance my production :)

tee