On 9 Sep 2007, at 16:33, Michael Yeaney wrote:
I find it interesting that everyone responding to this thread has failed to mention one very important aspect of any design-for-accessibility debate: Until you actually test it with a target audience/persona (i.e., someone who
actually **is** blind),

People seem to be rather hung up on the idea that alt text is for blind people. Some sighted people do use text browsers. Some sighted people do disable images in their browsers (I'm one of them and my last cellphone bill still had £20 of data charges on it). Then there are search engine indexing bots, and probably a host of other use cases.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/