Web Dandy Design wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone advise on the most accessible, open-source CMS between Joomla,
Drupal or Plone?

No takers? I'll answer the question: Plone.

You'll need Python (pretty rare on servers as a whole) as opposed to the far more widespread PHP to run the shebang, but I find it to be far more customisable with far more power. Plus, Python Tal and Metal are extremely easy to understand and manipulate in the templates (should you ever need to).

Drupal and Joomla seem to be far easier to install and get running, but after that you're stuck in absolute hell if you want anything other than an elaborate blog (granted, that is all people seem to want these days): Crucially, there are no link libraries.

Plone (indeed, the Zope beneath it) simulates folders perfectly so you basically have a file system logic – and keeps a catalogue of all files, pages and sub-elements that can easily be mashed, concatenated or referenced from anywhere else.

Plus the number of incredibly advanced products (including such wonderful things as TextIndexNG, which can index MS office files and make them searchable)... It's hands down to me.

I'd recommend setting up a virginal Plone and installing the DIYPloneStyle product to get on your way.

Regards,
Barney