On 12/9/07 (14:55) Bruce said:

>These and related are as accessible as their programmers make them. I find
>them all difficult to configure for the reason that one is limited my
>mambots, modules, plugins, etc which are made to add functions and wysiwyg
>editors. All the code in the templates (if they can be found even) is
>integrated into the core and is difficult at best to edit. I find even
>wordpress editing out code I add to templates and becoming increasingly
>unusable.
>
>Expression Engine on the other hand is as accessible and Standards based as
>YOU make it. The templates are in the open and stand alone in the sense they
>aren't wrapped around the core programming and they will output anything put
>in them. All the xhtml code is right there and not dependent on other core
>programming or functions.

Of course, Expression Engine isn't a freely available Open Source
solution, you need to stump up the readies for it. But I recently did a
bit of reading in order to find a CMS that could handle (initially) a
basic blog and (later) whatever I wanted to throw at it, whilst being
both web standards-friendly and design-malleable, and I also decided to
opt for Expression Engine. I've barely had a chance to scratch the
surface yet (other projects keep getting in the way -- curse those fee-
paying clients!) but so far I've not seen anything that makes me regret
my choice. And there is a free cut-down version available for those
who's budgets are tighter.

--
Rick Lecoat