Forgot to ask another question about tooltips (using hover span technique) Vs title attribute

I have a concern regarding accessibility on this technique, if
show/hide result isn't so much of a concern,would 'title' attribute a better choice? Because, if style sheet is disable or pag viewed in Lynx Viewer, content in the span class is revealed. But we don't always want this.

tee