Kit Grose wrote:

> Just a note:
> Your function doesn't currently use the RegExp function for anything
> useful (you might as well use indexOf). RegExp is the right way to do
> it, though, so you can enforce word boundaries to match complete
> classNames only (if I want all a.pop to be new window links, I wouldn't
> want a.popcorn to turn into a popup window).
>
> See http://snook.ca/archives/javascript/your_favourite_1/ for more info
> (specifically the update) on how to enforce word boundaries but allow
> for multiple classnames.

good point - here it is modified to use word boundaries:

function setNewWindowLinks(className)
{
    var tags = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
    var re = new RegExp('\\b' + className + '\\b');
    if (tags.length > 0) {
        for (var i = 0; i < tags.length; i++) {
            if (tags[i].className.search(re) != -1) {
                tags[i].onclick = function()
                {
                    window.open(this.href, '_blank');
                    return false;