On 17 Oct 2007, at 13:55, Rick Lecoat wrote:
can anyone tell me what is the best accessible way (if any) of encoding
a mailto: link? I want to make the email addresses on a site usable to
screen reader users, but don't want them harvested by spambots.

I, long ago, gave up trying. Methods are either highly ineffective, or block out users you want as well as spam bots. I take the view that email addresses are going to end up on spam lists eventually no matter what I do, and just run spam filtering software.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/