Hi,

CynthiaSays should only be used as a first step so passing any online
automated accessibility test by no means guarantee's that a site is
accessible so you should always do a manual check.

The search is definitely not accessible on the link you've provided as
it simply doesn't work without JavaScript.

The header (imagemap) also uses JavaScript so this appears broken to
anyone browsing without it. If this same content is still navigable
using the main menu then I wouldn't consider this a major issue
although they should certainly remove the icon (hand pointer) when
JavaScript isn't enabled otherwise it appears clickable when it's not.

I agree, that maybe the online validation tests should give more
warning that you need to manually test as well but I'd always treat
them as an initial test just to ensure you have the basics in place
before a manual accessibility test takes place.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Dave Woods
http://www.dave-woods.co.uk