From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Patrick H. Lauke
Sent: Wednesday, 24 October, 2007 12:10 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Title attribute and screen readers

Frank Palinkas wrote:

> If I may follow on to Rebecca's query and based your reply, is it then
> considered good practice (in general) _not_ to add title attributes and
> values to hyperlinks?

You can add them, but you must be aware that it's likely that screen
reader users won't hear them by default. Also, sighted keyboard users
will never see them either. You can add advisory/optional info in the
title, but nothing that is critical to understanding what a link
is/does. Most of the time, I find that it's better to ensure that the
clearly visible link text is self-evident enough, and doing away with
titles altogether.

Patrick H. Lauke
re*dux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/