Howard,

I highly recommend Luke Wroblewski's work on form layout & design best
practice. You can find Luke's discussion article here:
http://www.lukew.com/resources/articles/web_forms.html and here:
http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?144

Luke is also working on a book on the subject:
http://www.rosenfeldmedia.com/books/webforms/

Further discussions on label placement here:
http://www.uxmatters.com/MT/archives/000107.php
Also an article about contextual help approaches for Web applications:
http://www.uxmatters.com/MT/archives/000170.php

Lastly: Jennifer Tidwell's book "Designing Interfaces" - which is full of
design patterns for standard interface elements/mechanisms. There's an
accompanying site: http://www.designinginterfaces.com/

Hope that helps
Steve

On 15/11/2007, Howard Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I hope this question is appropriate for this list.  I'm doing some
> research on
> best practices for creating web forms with the following in mind:
>
> * Accessibility
> * Semantic Markup with CSS
> * Form Layout & Design
>
> I would like to come up with some "form templates" for my organization
> based on
> best practices and web standards.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any
> resources related to this topic.  I've done a Google search for "web form
> best
> practices" which came back with a huge number of responses.  Any help
> focusing
> my search?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> ~Howard

Steve 'Doc' Baty B.Sc (Maths), M.EC, MBA
Director, User Experience Strategy
Red Square
P: +612 8289 4930
M: +61 417 061 292