Hi Steven,

On Feb 26, 2008, at 6:49 AM, Steven Faulkner wrote:

don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but as far as screen readers like JAWS and Window Eyes are concerned the strong element does not convey any meaning. It is not recognised by them.

bottom line is that for users these screen readers using strong as an indication of a required field won't be of any help.

Thanks for the great info. Exactly what I am after.

I like the way Mike grouped the required elements, will borrow the idea for the next form.

tee