I have developed my own cms system - it does not limit designs at all - let
your designer go wild. It is very easy to use for the end user. 100%
standards compliant (unless the person that creates the sites templates does
not know what they are doing). I found the problem with most solutions is
that they are bloatware - ie way to many features with no real benefits. The
way my system works is that I can easily plugin modules as my clients need
them - ie. Ecommerce system, blog, forum etc. I can create basic apps in a
matter of a few hours.

It is written with PHP5 (utilising zend framework).

I think that for me the investment in time building an inhouse solution has
been really worth it.

Cheers
Adam

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Sarah Simmonds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi WSGers,
>
> We're currently looking to move all of our websites to a single Content
> Management System. As part of the CMS evaluation process we're interested in
> finding out what's currently in use out there.
>
> So my question is three fold:
>
> 1) What CMS system do you use to manage multiple websites?
> 2) How well has your CMS held up to expectations? Does it handle scaling,
> was it easy to learn, what were the drawbacks (if any)?
> 3) Does your CMS solution get in the way of producing elegant, standards
> compliant websites? Is there special considerations for standards and
> accessibility built into your CMS?
>
> There's lots of solutions out there, but unfortunately for many it's not a
> simple apples-to-apples comparison.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah
>
> --
> --
> Sarah Simmonds

> Melbourne IT Web Developer
> Member of the Web Standards Group
> Member of the Web Industry Professionals Association
> Graduate Computer Scientist, RMIT
> Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://myfitness.ning.com
A community of people that care about their health and fitness
Free fitness videos, recipes, blogs, photos etc.