I'd also add that the 'Web 2.0' as a word / phrase and phenomena is a way of describing the internet and new design concepts to those who make decisions on it but don't really have any idea about it.

e.g. Marketing Managers whom have developers and designers telling them we need to do this and this to the web site and the manager not seeing the pointwhen it looks like their brochure and they do not get many complaints.

Oh yeah, and the hits are steady or up!!!!!

Like others have said a buzz word, but I think a necessary one.

William

libwebdev wrote:
Kat wrote:
Is Web 2.0 larger than the web itself?

I don't know, but it's certainly *beyond* the web. Librarians around
the world have been flapping their arms and gums about "Library 2.0"
for ages, which, imo, is even more ridiculous than Web 2.0.

lib.