That sounds very complex to achieve, if it is possible:
As things stand, the lines you are talking about don't actually exist, they are
an artefact of the tiled bb image you are using (nb, the effect was too subtle
for me to see on the first machine I viewed your site on) - to do what you
describe you will first of all have to make those lines tangible somehow, or at
the very least a single diagonal line that could be positioned to give you the
visual effect you describe.
Secondly you have to detect the transitions between one line and the next,
which require either a tangible block (not easy for a diagonal), an image map,
or some careful maths tied to some JavaScript.

Out of all that, all I can see that would be possible would be to set up two
approximately full-page-size layers above your background, but beneath all of
your content. One layer with a single grey diagonal line, and the other with a
single black diagonal line.
Then, track the position of the mouse, and if it is over any of the content,
hide both floating layers.
If the mouse is over the calculated position of a grey line, then show the
black-line-layer, with the position adjusted so that the overlay line
co-incides with the bg-line.
When the mouse moves over to a black line, hide the black-line-layer, make the
grey-line-layer visible, and position appropriately.

That sounds like a lot of work to me, maybe too much code to even work, but
does sound like a fun effect, if the colours had a fraction more contrast.

Everyone: feel free to chip in if you think I have missed anything,
Regards,
Mike