The style "background:none" is in reference to the background-image
property, which is why it doesn't work.
background:transparent seems to be the most likely candidate as this relates
to the background-color property but there doesn't seem to be a
background:default setting which would be very useful for your case.

I know it's not brilliant, but perhaps you should apply the stylings the
other way around, leave the general inputs unstyled and apply the class to
all other elements. Either that or style the submit buttons yourself with a
custom background image.

Steve

Steve Workman
*PA* Consulting Group