Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone. Much appreciated.

> Not quite what you asked, but have you considered using the <button> element
> for your submit button instead of an input? Removes this kind of annoyance.
Yes, I did forget about that one. However though, I'm stuck in this
.NET vortex and I don't have much control over field elements.

>  You could put them in two separate containers/divs and give the one
>  containing the form elements you want to style an id.
>  Doesn't have to be a div though. You could use a list, or anything else that
>  is containing the form inputs you want to style.
I think you're right Darren. I can just add an ID to the fieldset. Makes sense.

> You can use CSS selectors:
> input[type="text"],input[type="password"],input[type="checkbox"],input[type="radio"]
> {background:#000; color:#FFF;}
>
> But this doesn't work in IE6...
Thanks Samuel. I am already using them actually, IE6 is the one
browser that's causing the problem :) No surprise there of course!

Cheers and thanks for your help.