Dear Chris,

The only way is to develop the website for the most use browsers, IE6, and
also respect the new softwares like FF and Safari browsers.

IE5 dont support a lot of CSS at all and its not wort trying to fic the problem.

You are not god but tell the client to get a deascent browser in order to view
internet in a better way....

Michael

chris | chrisbuttery.com wrote:
Hi All,
I'm relatively new to this group & this is my first post. So here goes.

I just had an issue where i developed a prototype site for a client that worked perfectly across several browsers
(IE7, Firefox, Opera, Safari & Netscape).

The client sent me a screen shot of the site taken from their browser ( IE5...which i don't have ) that basically displayed a mangled site. I was able to fix the site through a series of screen shots supplied from the client, but it's obviously not a professional way of doing things.

My question to you guys is how do you develop & test your websites to ensure they are interpreted correctly by older more popular browsers ? Do you have older browsers handy to test them with?

Thanks
Chris

Michael Persson
front-end developer & seo