On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 3:32 AM, Andrew Maben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Are you asking about PHP Standards or (X)HTML Standards within the context
> of PHP? Even the sloppiest of PHP (or any server-side scripting) can deliver
> impeccable standards-compliant markup, and conversely even the most
> carefully crafted PHP can deliver the most hideous tag soup. Though I think
> you will find that following best practices will be mutually reinforcing.
>
> If you're interested in PHP Coding Standards, a Google search will open the
> door to a wealth of information, and there are PHP mailing lists as well.
>
> For (X)HTML Standards, this list is an extraordinarily useful resource, and
> if you spend a little time with the archive you can find many useful links.
>
> good luck,
>
> Andrew

Andrew,

good point. Generating web standards-compliant (X)HTML with PHP is one
thing, and writing re-usable code is another.

If I could make a small plug on behalf of the latter - please people, take
the time to document your code properly. The life/job/sanity you save may be
your own.

Best regards, Andrew

--
---