No, its not. In this case, if any single browser breaks a related
script, then the mark-up cannot be used - working on the majority is not
enough to make it viable. Since I believe we both think that the mark-up
in question is inadvisable, finding a physical reason to back up the
semantics would actually be a good thing.

Anyway, thanks for doing two tests that I don't currently have the time
for!

Regards,
Mike