Hi there

I've been using the 456bereastreet.com method (
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200503/setting_the_current_menu_state_
with_css/) to set the current menu state using css. Which is really great
when there is only one level of menu items ...

But I'm now trying to use it with 2 levels of menus, that incorporate
background images for bullets and different colour schemes for the 2nd level
... (sigh - blame the graphic designer!)

It works fine on the first level - see
http://crunchie.tedi.uq.edu.au/trials/UCTLC/contacts.html

But when the link has sub-menu items under it, all of those get the same
treatment! Because the styles are applied to the list item. Can anyone think
of a way to do this that would not affect the sub-menu? I've tried applying
the id to the 'a' tag but that did nothing!

See http://crunchie.tedi.uq.edu.au/trials/UCTLC/stLucia.html

I did have a script that did this, but it didn't include background images,
or separate colours/styles for the sub-menu items. And my javascript skills
do not extend that far I'm afraid!

Any thoughts would be great. I have spent too much time on this already, and
need to know if I'm just trying to do something that will never be possible,
and so should start again!

cheers