I havn't even viewed the Opera certs. but I 'think' they do something
similar.

I also know that PPK is doing something to get front end engineers
recognized. He is developing a cert. programme or something.

As for PHP you can do the Zend Certified Engineer exam.

Web Development is a fast changing subject and there are many branches to
it. I doubt any certification would be 'in date' for long.