From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David McKinnon
Sent: 01 September 2008 11:55
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Code for Firefox, hack for IE

Hi,

For a while now, I've been operating on the principle "Code for
Firefox, hack for IE".

That is, writing CSS for the most standards-compliant browser, and
then making adjustments for non-standard behaviour.
I said this in a meeting last week to argue a point and my boss said
"who says?".

I could have said "me", but maybe that's not a good enough answer.
Somewhere some years ago I read this, or heard someone at a conference
or something and it got stuck in my head.

Is this the way anyone works?
Is it the best way to work?
Does anyone know where I got this idea from? Book? Blog? A bit of
googling this afternoon turned up not very much.

Thanks,
David

16:59