Remember to use server side validation and you don't need to worry about rewriting standards :)

Brett Patterson wrote:
I know that most, if not possible to say all, Web page designers use _javascript_ for form validation. During a recent poll done by a few local colleges, 41.2% of the people who responded stated that they would rather not have to enable _javascript_, but on rare occasion they do for certain sites that require JS for use of their forms to buy or sign up for something. After reading this, I did some research, and could not find any tag attributes for form elements that would not require the use JS for form validation.

Therefore, I was wondering if it would be feasible to include a standard that would use a syntax similar (does not actually have to be this way) to selected="selected"? In which case, the syntax would be required="required". Or, if it is an email input (i.e. Your e-mail address:<input type="text" required="required; include:@" />).

--
Brett P.