From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of McLaughlin, Gail
Sent: 19 November 2008 16:50
> I'm wondering if anybody here knows of a way to use analytics data
> to help determine a good guess or idea of which users are using
> screen readers to access data, or having trouble with certain
> pages (thus making the case for doing usability and accessibility
> exercises)?

As screenreaders work within existing browsers (normally IE) it's very hard to
detect them. To detect different browsers you'd use the user agent string, but
screenreaders don't have user agent strings of their own.

At least that's as far as I (and a few other people [1]) am aware. Maybe one of
the accessibility gurus on the list has a magic method to detect of a visitor
is using a screenreader?

Chris

[1] http://www.accessifyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3775

This message has been scanned for malware by SurfControl plc.
www.surfcontrol.com