I wouldn't worry about document.write examples too much. You just need to keep in mind that the book is designed to teach the language from scratch, and quite possibly the reader hasn't scripted before.

Starting from point zero, document.write is a good way to get started learning and making things happen fast. I'll guess that the Bible-series programming books aren't necessarily considering "standardistas".

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Designer / Developer/
--------------------------------------
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Fax: (866) 301-8045
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: j...@sitesbyjoe.com

MichaelMD wrote:
Also, the first examples of JavaScript tend to use document.write when illustrating the simplest parts of the language. Usage of document.write should be banned from day one. Encourage the readers to test simple

A decade ago (Netscape 4 era) I used document.write in some javascript
widgets for people display some content from another site by using a
script tag.
They still work in current browsers but javascript has come a long way
since then!