Hi

From the screen shot why even have the grid on the desk back ground image.

Also surely you can structure you markup differently so that you don't have the empty divs used for presentation. e.g #main_content .container could have the background that is currently on the #main_prefix, and #footer could have the bg from #main_suffix

Not a good advertisement for a css framework.

regards
Luke