It will only be an issue if what you present to a user is different to what you present to a search engine. If what you're doing is using a text replacement technique using an image etc, then there are no problems with that. But if you are adding invisible headings or links etc (ie anything that "should" be allow for user interaction, but doesnt because its been move out of sight to enhance seo etc) then this will be a problem as it is, what is commonly referred to as, a "black hat technique".

The thing to remember is that while its doubtful google will spot it through an automatic spider, google do manually check pages (either randomly, or when the spider, or even a person, flag something up). Its that manual detection that will spot this kind of fraud, and will likely result in an immediate ban.

regards,

David Dixon

e: da...@temperedvision.com
w: www.temperedvision.com