I agree that only manual inspection will be able to find your hidden text.
However, if it is obvious that the reason for you hiding the text is
accessibility, rather than spamming search engines with your keywords, then
they are very unlikely to ban your site. Google & Co are not out to ban any
sites unless they have got a damn good reason to do so (otherwise they would
be missing crucial results in their searches). If somebody uses hidden text
to spam, that's one thing. But other than that... why would they ban you?
It's not fraud if the hidden text provides similar information to what the
rest of your website does, as long as it is in a reasonable format.

I like Lea's approach:

I would say: be reasonable with the information you put into the hidden
fields so that somebody manually inspecting your site will let you get away
with it.

database 4107 (20090527) __________

http://www.eset.com